Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Opening day

Sat March 31st was opening day in the southeastern part of the state so as ususal I met up with my father and my nephews to do some fishing. I don't use spinnning gear at all anymore with the exception of opening day. My father even went out and bought me a new ultralight outfit last year. I can say with a good degree of certainty that I'll will never go back to a spinning rod on a regular basis but I don't mind doing it for one day a year besides everyone gets a kick out of seeing me getting my hands dirty with corn and dare I say it WORMS!!!!!!
The stream we fish is basically a put and take fishery but man did they load it up with fish. All of the kids had a ball and caught plenty of fish and after a little while I did some fishing myself and it was pretty easy. I think I hooked 20 fish in as many casts I don't know what the final tally was because I don't keep track of these things but it had to be an obscene amount.
After all that I decided to go elsewhere and cleanse my soul of all that business and get in some flyfishing. I fished another stream with the fly rod for about 2 hours with only one fish to show for it. I don't know about my soul but my hands were clean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home