Friday, March 09, 2007

Good day

Made it out to the Little Lehigh for a few hours and did really well. It was cold, about 35 degrees, but sunny and calm. The water was slightly off color but definitely fishable , I'm sorry to say I didn't take the temperature.I started the day fishing egg patterns just because they seem to work for me when I really want to catch a fish and they came through big time, it actually got to the point where I started to feel a little guilty so I decided to head to the fly shop ,located right on the bank of the stream, to get a cup of coffee and to get warm. Well I ended up buying a new Apex vice and some tying materials to go with my coffee. After a nice chat with the owner I set out again and decided to try some streamers and although I didn't land any fish I did have quite a few swipe at them and hooked one that got off. As fun as this was I wanted to catch a fish on the surface so I started walking the stream looking for risers and it didn't take very long as I found a few rising about a hundred yards upstream. I couldn't see any insects in the air or on the water and being as I forgot my seine I just put on a midge emerger and crossed my fingers. Long story short forty five minutes later they were still rising and I was on my tenth fly change when I finally saw the answer floating close enough for me to see that it was a #24 BWO. I tried a couple emerger patterns with just a few close inspections from the trout for my efforts. I then switched to a thorax style pattern and that did the trick as I took each riser from the pool. Great day all around. Until next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home