Sunday, March 04, 2007

Skunked

Met up with Dwayne and Scott to fish Saucon Creek today for the first outing of the new year. I thought it was going to be a nice day but it was windy and cold and it was even snowing for awhile. When the wind died down it was actually pretty nice and it felt really good to be out and get over my cabin fever. We fished from about 11:00 until about 3:00 and between the three of us only a couple a fish were hooked but none were landed. There was no hatch of anykind and I didn't see a single rise so we fished streamers and nymphs all day. Opening day of trout is coming in a few weeks wich will give us a few more options instead of just the special regulation water and hopefully it should be nice and warm by then. I probably won't be fishing until then so I guess I'll just try to finish stocking my fly boxes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home